[dokuwiki] Corrupted JavaScript in Firefox

  • From: Niccolo <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:32:11 +0200

Hello,

does anybody exeperienced corrupted javascript in Firefox? I'm
using Dokuwiki devel, with blog and indexmenu plugins and the
sidebar template.

Sometimes (more likely after a login/logout) I get a corrupted
javascript file from /lib/exe/js.php.

The evident effect is that the indexmenu does not render. In
Firefox JavaScript conole I see the error and I can look at the
source code: it is like Firefox does not truncate a previous file
before writing over a new copy, so some lines of code remains at
the end:

  /* XXXXXXXXXX end of /home/dokuwiki/www/lib/plugins/indexmenu/script.js
XXXXXXXXXX */

  addInitEvent(function(){ updateAccessKeyTooltip(); });
  addInitEvent(function(){ scrollToMarker(); });
  addInitEvent(function(){ focusMarker(); });
  ummaryCheck);

      // set focus
      edit_text.focus();
  }

You can see that "ummaryCheck" is some sort of leftover.

The JavaScript source is corrupted in the Firefox cache (again:
some text badly appended at the end of the file), but as far I
searched, no corrupted files exist in the Dokuwiki chache.

So it seems that Dokuwiki generates a valid JavaScript, but
Firefox gets it wrong.

Can be some problem about headers? Cacheable? Exipre? Lenght? Or
a problem in Firefox about caching a dynamic JavaScript source?

I will do further testing, sniffing the data exchange at the TCP
level...

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy