[dokuwiki] Auth backwards compatibility (new patch)

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:27:49 +0100

Another try. I believe posting to the list should work now for me.

Anyway, I discussed with Michitux that it might be better to not prepend
'auth', to be able to support plugins that don't begin with 'auth'.

Instead, the new patch (attached) introduces backwards compatibility,
and could well be removed after some migration period. It introduces an
extra comparison, so the config variable authtype is not only checked
against the plugin name, but also against 'auth' + plugin name.

I think it is a very bad idea to break backwards compatibility, and I do
believe this should be eased at least for some months by introducing a
check like this.

--
Moritz Bartl
http://www.informatick.net/