[dokuwiki] Re: Admin or Manager or ?

  • From: "Philippe d'Anfray" <Philippe.d-Anfray@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:07:46 +0200

Bonjour,

Yes ! great  ! that does-it.  I still have to deny access to  Dokuwiki
settings but this is enough to work efficiently as
"animal managers" can deal now with  users and ACLs.

Merci!!!

Philippe

Kay Roesler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> just add
>
> function forAdminOnly(){
>
>       return false;
>
> }
>
> to the admin plugins (file admin.php) which you want to be used by
> managers. That should do the trick and dont have to give everybody admin
> rights
>
> Cheers
>
> Kay
>

> On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 15:19 +0200, Philippe d'Anfray wrote:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> For our organization we run several Dokuwiki(s) organized as a farm.
>> There is only one wiki engine, one plugin directory, one template
>> directory, etc..  while configuration settings, pages, ACLs,  and users
>> are specific to each instance.  (see http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm).
>>
>> The problem is that we must give "Dokuwiki admin" rights to the
>> administrators of each "wiki animal" in the farm so that they are able
>> to manage users and ACLs. The "Dokuwiki manager" feature   does not give
>> them  enough admin rights.
>>
>> The bad thing is thay have also access to all the wiki parameters and I
>> would like to disable some, so that -for example- they might not check
>> for updates, nor change the template, etc... Worse they have also access
>> to the plugin management menu this means that they can install, upgrade
>> ... and  break the whole thing  and this is what actually happened. :-( ...
>> (ok in http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm there is a trick for that but I
>> am thinking  of something more general for "tuning" admin rights).
>>
>> So What I would like to do is:
>> configure more precisely the rights I give to the manager of a wiki
>> animal while staying the only admin of the wiki farm (!) OR beeing able
>> to restrict the rights that are granted to an admin of a wiki animal
>> OR  maybe define something in between ?
>>
>> any idea ????  Cordialement
>>
>> Ph d'Anfray

begin:vcard
fn:Philippe d'Anfray
n:d'Anfray;Philippe
org;quoted-printable:D=C3=A9l=C3=A9gation Calcul Intensif
adr:Centre de Saclay;;CEA ;Gif-sur-Yvette;;91191;France
email;internet:Philippe.d-Anfray@xxxxxx
tel;work:+33 (0) 1 69 08 96 09
tel;fax:+33 (0) 1 69 08 90 34
tel;cell:+33 (0) 6 86 38 49 86