[dokuwiki] Re: Add page breaks in "printer friendly" version?

  • From: "Michael Edwards" <miedward@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:46:48 -0500

I am interested in the more detailed changes, and I am still
interested in working on a more general pdf making solution that works
internal to the wiki in a sensible way.  I will try implementing this
and see what I come up with.  I am not sure how long it will take me
to get enough free time to do it, but I will try.

Would this idea be extendable to printing a more general,
namespace-based book-like structure as well as for rendering
individual pages as pdfs?  I am still trying to wrap my head around
the suggestions for automagic section and chapter numbering which was
posted previously...

On 8/10/06, Lavigne, Jesse <lavigj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephan Herrmann wrote:
>> It's an internal, departmental wiki and I am using it to
>> generate PDFs. So once these guides reach the web, they're already PDF.
>> Thanks for the good advice though regarding this and public wikis.
>>

> But why would you do it your way, when this is by far more convenient and
doesn't interfere with the wiki-structure? Just because it's not public it's not
allowed to be user-friendly?

> There are minor changes to make with a real benefit for you.
>
> Stephan

The main reason being that I simply don't have time right now, and I am
using this as a "quick" fix. I recognize that in the long run it is the
not the easiest, or best, but for now it's what I have time to do.

Since you didn't specify, I assume you are referring to the changes
suggested about avoiding page breaks at tables, headers, and other things.

I may look at the <div.nobreak> suggestion in more detail, but at this
point I don't have time to make the (for me) non-trivial changes to the
layout, test them, and hopefully send them back up stream to be
incorporated in the wiki.

Since this is non-public and only serves a handful of people, it's
sufficient for my needs for now.

- Jesse