[dokuwiki] AJAX spellchecker

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:47:26 +0200

Hi all!

Browsing the web, it looks like AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is the
new thing. Well in fact it's rather old but until now nobody had a cool name ;-)

So I saw all this buzz and thought if anything in DokuWiki could profit from
it. The only thing that came to my mind is a spellchecker. Some javascript that
watches for the keypress or changed events of the textbox and sends an
XML-Request for every word to a php script interfacing ispell...

So do we have any JavaScript/DHTML/PHP/AJAX Gurus on the list? Or does anone
know about an existing solution? I couldn't dig up anything with google.