[dokuwiki] Re: A pleasure to work with FCKeditor

  • From: Spring Pierre <pierre.spring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:52:00 +0100

hi gijs,

i'm sorry i only get to answer this now, but i didn't see it till now.

you should not use the reply button in your e.mail to create a new thread, because "smart mail clients" will put them into the same thread then [1].

We have been using DokuwikiFCK (plugin version 0.4) now for some time, and are very content with it. [...]

now, that is good news ;)

There are a few attention points:
The font in (un)ordered lists is gray rather than black. I did not find the time yet to look in the CSS, but I suppose the solution is there. There is a discrepancy between the fonts and layout in the editor, and in the definitive pages. Could it be possible to use the right elements in FCKeditor? Then it would be somewhat more Wysiwyg.

- that is right... i'll be fixing the css as soon as i get to it. for now, it uses some client specific css... i am sorry about that. but don't expect this before version 1.0 (don't ask, i don't know when the 1.0 will come out ;)

After some time I get the message that my 'exclusive editing rights' are about to disappear, even when I have been busy writing and editing. Somehow Dokuwiki only counts using the old editor as editing.

- this will be fixed too. this is in relation with the drafts system, that is broken too. planed for version 1.0

Uploading documents and using them in a dokuwiki page as a download (e.g. excel or powerpoint (or the openoffice equivalents)) is still not possible.

- i have been working on this. so it'll be released in version 0.5 (today?)

Plugin codes like those from {{NEWPAGE}} are recognized. However, {{indexmenu>namespace1#2}} disappears from the page. Thus I have a problem editing the sidebars of the site, even when I use the Wiki syntax option.

- this has been told to me several times already. and i have been thinking about this for quite some time now... for now, each and every plugin has to be hacked in one by one... i'd hope to find a better way soon... but i didn't come across the necessary "good idea" for that yet ;)

in [2] and [3] you can see how i hacked in the discussion plugin (it's a dirty and quick hack, but i works)... so, if you use svn, you could try to hack your plugins in and hope not to get a conflict when updating ;)

the thing about plugins is, that they need to be:

(a) rendered into s.th. that is editable in the fck
(b) need to have a wysiwyg interface, so to speak...
(c) need to be translated back into wiki syntax

in the example of the discussion plugin, you need to get a checkbox that tells you

  [x] display discussion

which gets translated back to ~~DISCUSSION~~ or ~~DISCUSSION:off~~ ...

this process has to be somehow generic... i do not think, that plugin writers will be motivated to do that work. neither can one expect the person that installs the syntax plugin to do it... so we'd need some kind of plugin system within the fckw plugin ;) sounds fun, right?

sooooo... how to solve this in a generic way?!? i do not know yet ;(

Maybe I don't tell you anything new, but I thought it would be handy to get some feedback from a real life using situation.

well, thanks for your mail... i'll take it as input and try to get this plugin better and better by the day ;)

greetz . pierre
==
[1] http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#threading
[2] http://fisheye.liip.ch/browse/PUB/misc/fckw/trunk/fckw/action/ save.php?r1=9515&r2=9575&u=-1&ignore=&k= [3] http://fisheye.liip.ch/browse/PUB/misc/fckw/trunk/fckw/action/ edit.php?r1=9507&r2=9575
--
Liip AG // Rte de la Fonderie 7 // CH-1700 Fribourg
Fon 026 4222511 // Key id 0x5BF5F8FA // www.liip.ch