[lads] Re: Fwd: Web Site Enquiry - Oliver Turner - 21st August 2014

  • From: Owen James <owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "doctor.thirsty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <doctor.thirsty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 04:13:43 +0100

I think if you're getting married at rudding you've got some money... 4.50
a pint of coke. That's the kind of price I'd quote for Easy Band so I'd
still do the gig no problem. That said, Thirsty has done hundreds of
weddings and have you ever gone out for £600 or less? The price point of
the band obviously works for the band to be in its 16th (?!) year of
business..? Even asking at £500 is having us on I feel... I do budget gigs
all the time so gig is a gig, but is setting a precedent dangerous? - just
raising the point..!

I like what John suggested, 'with strict parameters' like, one long(ish)
set (1:15 mins?) ? evening set up and play straight away, pack down
straight away no dj etc etc.... I'm happy for you to use you judgement as
ever Scottie, whatever the general opinion...

O.

--
Owen James

www.owenjames.co.uk