[disdads] Recap of March meeting and upcoming events

  • From: "Hunt, Richard" <rhunt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 02:01:48 +0000

Thanks very much to all who came. Here's a little re-cap of what we did and
what's up next.

Scott Flodin is going to set up an NCAA Tournament pool with online brackets. I
presume he'll use the Disdads list to get us the information we need.

The former Dad-Son, now "Family" outing has had a pretty good response, but it
isn't too late to sign up for the even on March 24. Contact Aaron Morales.

We're committed on the March 30 Campus Cleaning. Ernie will be sending around a
list of projects so we can figure out what tools and supplies are needed. There
will be manly refreshments at appropriate times. Please send Ernie or I your
name if you are coming so we'll know who we've got.

April meeting will the at 6:30 p.m. on April 11. We will meet by the Gym but
move to the soccer field for an evening of pétanque or bocci. In order to avoid
interruptions for sustenance there will more substantial refreshments; that is
to say, snacks. Anyone who wants to actually learn how these games are played
is welcome to do the research. I'm going to try to line up an instructor
through some contacts at the French American Chamber. Since this is really the
kick off of what is to be an annual tournament there may be a trophy if I'm not
too lazy and cheap.

Paintball or Pub Crawl events. We agreed not to schedule on May 13 or 31 due to
conflicting wedding anniversaries. There's strong interest in both events but
someone will have to take charge, especially on getting details for paintball.
Volunteers??

Fall Meeting location.  Everyone agrees we should continue meeting at the
school, possibly with more extensive refreshments so we can just socialize
after the meeting at the school instead of adjourning to a local watering hole.

Mid Summer Meeting -- there was a lot of enthusiasm for planning some kind of
meeting/event in the middle of the summer and really aim at getting incoming
parents. If you want to organize this please let Ernie or I know. We can talk
more at April meeting.

There was general agreement that it is helpful to have our announcements go to
the entire school rather than just the Dads Club mailing list. I'll arrange it
with Tracy.

If you have any interest in helping with the Carnival please contact me
directly. This is a big event and there's lots to do. Golfers may want to talk
to John Olson about the golf tournament as well. It isn't too soon to start
thinking about the fall.

Richard Hunt

Richard M. Hunt
MUNSCH HARDT
KOPF & HARR, P.C.
DALLAS | HOUSTON | AUSTIN
3800 Lincoln Plaza
500 N. Akard Street
Dallas, Texas 75201-6659
Direct  214.855.7502
Fax     214.978.5352
rhunt@xxxxxxxxxx
munsch.com

Notice: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Nothing contained in this
message or in any attachment shall constitute a contract or electronic
signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act,
any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute
governing electronic transactions.

IRS Circular 230 Notice: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the
IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot
be used, for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue
Code or (b) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any
transaction or matter addressed herein.