[directmusic] Re: decreasing latency within DirectMusic Producer...

  • From: "Scott Morgan (Volt)" <a-smorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:33:33 -0800

Yeah DMP's CPU meter is measuring DMP's CPU usage which can differ a bit
from what happens when playing through "the real DMusic API".  If you
play through my DMDemo app and check Task Manager you will get a more
accurate reading.  The RAM usage is always going to be wrong since apps
always take memory.  With DMDemo you have to subtract like 5-6 MB for
the app, I don't know what the number is for DMP.

(DMDemo is an app I made for playing scripted DMusic content:
http://morganstudios.com/Wavelength/DMDemo.htm )

-Scott Morgan

rights.