[directmusic] Re: Moving this list - AGAIN!

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:07:56 +0100

Hi Andrew,

> One request: is it possible to migrate the old yahoogroups archives to
> freelists.org in a searchable format? I feel that the archives are a
> tremendous resource, both for newbies and as a quick-reference / FAQ for
> "experiencedies".

Thanks to the wonderful work of Kenneth Young, we now have a library of all
the previous messages from the YahooGroups era (and I believe he's working
on the messages from the time the group was on my privately hosted server),
here: http://www.lynnemusic.com/directmusic/

Also, the YahooGroups group is still there, so you can still go there and
search in the old messages.

I am playing with the idea of setting up a simple web site for our group as
well, where we can share useful links, demonstration files, contact
informations, info about games using DirectMusic, short bio's on DirectMusic
composers - just like a real "fan page". ;-)

I'll see what I can do in the next couple of weeks. I've got a lot of work
on right now.

Take care,
--
Bjorn Lynne