[directmusic] Re: Intro, Test and Question

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn.lynne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:28:53 +0100

Hi Markus,

Yes, this is the list where I am the moderator. Welcome to our list.

To make a sample play the entire length of the sample, even if the
triggering MIDI note is very short, you need to go into the Instrument
Designer and set the Release time to maximum. Just set it to the max value,
what is it, 40 seconds or something.

When the sample has ended, it will no longer use the polyphony - so it
doesn't matter that the release time was set to much longer than the sample
actually lasts.

Kind regards,
--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com