[directmusic] IDirectMusicPort8::Activate failed with E_FAIL

  • From: Abhijit Patait <abhijit_patait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:21:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to activate a MIDI input port created using
IDirectMusic8::CreatePort(...) method. However, the method Activate(TRUE) is
returning E_FAIL. The documentation states that the method can return
DSERR_NODRIVER in case of an error.

I can't seem to understand why it's returning E_FAIL. I think that E_FAIL is a
general failure code, so this may be a dead end for me.

Any input will be helpful.

Thank you
Abhijit