[devel.cofsug] Re: Mentors list not visible

  • From: Praveen A <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: devel.cofsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:26:10 +0530

2011/1/16 अभिजित Abhijit <abhijit13@xxxxxxxxx>:
> See the history. I've also sent the history link.

Its a spam/vandalism, common in any wiki. Someone please restore the
correct version. I would like to see a clean version before we start
our next lecture.

This is also a learning when you start working in the community - your
wikies WILL get vandalised. Clean it up and find ways to stop it like
a captcha, try in fosscommunity.in to add a link and you will be asked
to type in some words as seen on an image or as you hear a sound. This
is part of your exercise as well - setup recaptcha for mediawiki. We
will discuss more as we get to it.

What could be other ways of preventing your wikies from
spam/vandalism? Any volunteers to take a session on SPAM?

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍