[Deque Ramp PE Beta] Cannot open .ramp file

  • From: "Denise Wolff" <usercentered@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <deque-rpebeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:11:44 -0600

I have saved the .ramp file several times. Whenever I try to open the ramp file
by double clicking it from inside Dreamweaver, I get the error message "Cannot
read j:\DCW EITC\abilitus.ramp It might be corrupted.
I get the same error message if I use File/Open Site from within Ramp PE Beta.

The j: drive is a USB Flash Drive. I have not had any problems with any other
files on this drive.

I created a new project, added the files to be analyzed from the j: drive, and
saved abilitus.ramp file to the c: drive with a very long path name and it
worked fine.

Other than that, the program has worked very well. It is so much more
intelligent than Bobby. I cannot stand Bobby because it will give you an error
message like "image needs an alt tag" and then when you add one you get the
message "spacer image has an alt tag". Well it needs alt="". I don't know how
you would ever get a page passed by Bobby.

Thank you for developing a great tool. The Beta test has been fun. It has saved
me hours making my student Web site accessible.

Denise C. Wolff
usercentered@xxxxxxx<mailto:usercentered@xxxxxxx>