[delphizip] temp files - a side issue

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:24:30 +0100

I'm a little too busy to look at the issue of temp files on add/rename
operations, etc, but I thought that one semi-obvious matter should be
considered. When creating a temp file, it should generally be created on the
same drive as the file being operated upon, otherwise, there may be a
lengthy operation to move the file from one disk to another rather than just
move a few filing system pointers around. Of course, it may be desirable to
manually choose the location of the temporary file, but if it's location is
to be chosen automatically, then, disk space permitting, it should be
located on the appropriate drive.

James Turner