[delphizip] Re: Type name conflicts

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:15:15 +0100

I thought about this ages ago.

My own thoughts were to use type names beginning TZM and enumerations
beginning zmx where x depended on the enumeration type.

To maintain backward compatibility, you could create a unit called, say,
zmCompat that contained constant definitions between the old enumeration
values and the new.

e.g.

unit zmCompat;

interface uses .........;

const
  NewFile = zmpNewFile;
  ProgressUpdate = zmpUpdate;

The same could be done with types.

Simply by including this extra unit in the uses list, old code could be made
to run without difficulty.

-- James Turner