[delphizip] Re: TZipBuilder help

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:50:59 +0100

Nasty PC's Coding wrote:
> Hi, I'm using TZipBuilder with Borland C++ Builder 6 Ent. I know this
> email list is mainly for Delphi but I am hoping some one can help me
> out a bit with a few questions.

ZipBuilder is handled in this mail list as well

> 1) I was wondering if it is possible to validate a Zip archive, not
> test it, just to verify that it is a zip archive, in case some one
> renames a file like myprogram.exe to myzip.zip as testing the full
> zip will take to much time.

ZipBuildr has a function TZipBuilder::IsZipSFX(const String SFXExeName)
does a check to see if a file is a zipfile.
I did not test it with a non-sfx zip file but I did not see anuthing in the
code
that would not allow to use it for that purpose.

> 2) When extracting files, is there any way to extract files from
> another zip file which might be contained within the main Zip file,
> or would it be best to just extract them separately.

I think you need to extract them separately.

> 3) I have my program using the TZipBuilder component within a separate
> thread, so when the component encounters an error my program throws an
> exception due to the component using ShowMessage to display the error.
> Is it possible to change the way the component deals with errors so it
> won't try to draw while its not in Synchronization with the main
> thread. Note, I'm kind of new to using threads so my coding might be
> part of the problem.

You can set the porperty "Unattended" to true in that case no messages
will be shown but you need to have an OnError event handler and deal
with the error messages yourself.

I have also little or no expertise in threading I hope one of the more
experience readers can help you in that

Roger Aelbrecht
http://web.wanadoo.be/driehoeksw