[delphizip] Re: Resuming a cancelled zip operation

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 22:30:15 +0000

Alistair,

Firstly, I'm away from my own computer at the moment so I can't verify what I'm
about to say.

From memory, there is a property call something like FExclArgs that can contain
a list of files that should be excluded from a zip operation. If you wish to
suspend an operation in a manner that may be resumed later, you firstly need to
track which files have already been added. This must be done by using the
OnProgress event. If the zip operation is cleanly interrupted, leaving a valid
zip file, all that is required, in theory, is to resume the zip operation with
the previous value for FSpecArgs, etc. and use the list of files already added
as FExclArgs.

I am uncertain whether latest versions of ZipMaster will allow zip operations
to be interrupted whilst still creating a valid zip file. There was a
discussion on this subject a while back but I cannot remember the outcome.

--James Turner