[delphizip] Re: Re shortcuts in zip files

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:45:09 +0100

Eric,

Sorry I wasn't more explicit.

I propose that the INI file simply contains a comment plus data to be used
in reconstructing the shortcut.

The #0'LNK' signature would be stored in the central directory/ file header
records as extra data.

I doubt that anyone else uses a signature system like this that begins with
a null therefore this should be highly compatible with existing products.

James Turner

PS
Using 'LNK' as the signature leaves the door open for other functions along
the same lines.