[delphizip] Re: R: ZipMaster & SFX

  • From: merkes@xxxxxxxxxxx (markus stephany)
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:34:42 +0100

MR> Separate components.

MR> Right now I'm using the great TZipSFX by Markus Stephany in my ZipGenius
MR> program.

thanks :-)

i also prefer a separate sfx component. it's much easier to modify or
enhance the sfx without having the need to change the whole TZipMaster
all the time... (they already are out of sync, the TZipMaster related
sfx vcl TZipMasterSFX only supports a subset of the TZipSFX options
cause the current TZipMaster doesn't know all the newer sfx features).

but as there might be a spanned zip aware sfx in some future (Roger
Aelbrecht is currently working on such a c++ sfx version and kindly
sent me some pascal sources to add this to the delphi version, too), i
see a need for further co-working of the sfx and the zipmaster
component (the spanning would be done by the TZipMaster component). or
maybe better yet a separate TZipSpan component as discussed some
monthes ago.

MR> Matteo Riso
MR> www.zipgenius.it
MR> Happy ZipGenius User #1

rgds, markus stephany

mailto:merkes@xxxxxxxxx
http://delphizip.mirkes.de

pgp fingerprint:=20
C8E9 5DFF 7BE5 99E9 850C 52CC 604A 0452 FA34 F7DD