[delphizip] Offtopic - Favour request

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:47:12 -0000

As regular readers of this group are probably aware, late last year, I finally
released my MAVERICK program. After a quiet start (to try to iron out remaining
bugs) I'm now trying to get some publicity together. I've just uploaded
Maverick to the Simtel network. It would be most helpful if a few people were
to download a copy. This would help to boost its rating so that, hopefully,
other people will see it and download it.

Of course, I think it's a great program and I'd like people to try Maverick
rather than just download it, but just downloading would be helpful.

The download address is http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/62349.shtml

Thanks.

=======

Back to the subject of Zip Software - I had hoped to have a new zip reader
ready for testing by now but I've been busy with Maverick not to mention some
none-computer problems. However, I've had several requests to write a
stand-alone version of my ZipFix utility (built into Maverick). I plan to start
work on this in a day or two. Provisionally named ZipHammer, (since it's a tool
for use with zip files) it will be able to repair damaged zip files, and also
create and assemble spanned archives (from standard zip files).

I'm also toying with the idea of creating a TZipHammer component specifically
to perform various manipulations such as Rename, Delete, Span, etc. It will not
have compression capabilities (at least at first) but may have basic extract
(inflate) capabilities. Is this something that people would like to see or
should I spend my time on something else?

--James Turner
www.skaro.net