[delphizip] Re: Off toptic: 419 spam

  • From: Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:00:49 -0500

Spam has been getting worse lately. A lot of companies sell software that
extracts email addresses from mailing lists. I know for a fact that my email
address has been obtained from a posting I made in one of the Borland
newsgroups.

I have created a free Yahoo email account, and I'm going to use that for my
"from" address on all my newsgroup postings. Yahoo has a good spam filter
and most of the spam doesn't get through.

I hope we don't have a problem with this list in the future, but there is a
certain amount of risk anytime you post messages to lots of people.

Eric