[delphizip] Re: Maxdisksize FreeSize

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Roger Aelbrecht <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:11:40 +1300

Hello Roger,
I have looked at Zipmaster code and it seems the control for maxvolumesize is
within the dll - is this correct? I wanted to modify the zipmaster code myself
to allow predefined disk size _without_ disk spanning.

If it is practical, I will use the 'skipped files' report to build another
precursor list for the next add. Thus those files will be optionally included
with the next disk in line, added to the files list the user selects.

RA> I cannot answer that without going the procedures and maybe do some testing
RA> But as it is written today, the central directory needs to be one and
RA> complete
RA> So putting it on each disk will not always guarantee that you have the right
RA> disk
RA> in the reader, and then we end with the same problem

If you hve time would you please try to extract a single file from a spanned
disk set on
CDROM. I am getting an error here; the extract routine just goes into an endless
loop. It does not ask for disk either.
Have to go out this morning but if I find it later will report back.
--
Regards,
 Alistair+