[delphizip] Re: Long filename not extracting properly

  • From: Randall Sell <randallsell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 04:29:03 -0800 (PST)

I didn't change anything with anitivirus, so that wasn't it. I am convinced it
is either a file association that was wrong or the SFX thing I mentioned. I am
actually most inclined to believe it related to the file association. I noticed
that when it was wrong, I might get short names or long names in my paramStr()
- it was unpredictable. All that went away when I got my file association
correct. Strangely, now when I remove my file association all together (to my
DHT file) I still get my icon in Explorer which is just weird. I clearly don't
know what MS is up to in this regard. Obviously something else happening in
Explorer. Maybe a cache thing.
-rs

James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: If the problem has
vanished, the antivirus theory may be correct - an update
could have cured the problem.

Do you and your client use the same antivirus software?

-- James Turner