[delphizip] Re: Lazarus

  • From: "R. Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:41:55 +1100

Unfortunately it is the 'minor' differences between the different Delphi
versions that cause so many problems, so I would expect even more =
problems
with something that is modelled on Delphi.
The way ZipMaster is now constructed may make it easier to port with the
TZipMaster class being a wrapper (of sorts) for the internal TZipWorker
class which does the work.
Differences in visual component interfaces should only affect TZipMaster
itself (plus TZipDialog).
It became too difficult to try to support both 32 and 64 bit support =
which
is the reason for dropping Delphi 3 support (still have trouble as some
version lack 64 bit file/stream functions).=20
When I get time I will see what obvious problems Lazarus and KOL have =
with
ZipMaster.

- Russell Peters