[delphizip] Re: Is spanned SFX supported by any one?

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 00:27:13 -0000

In a conventional sfx, span support should add less than 1KB to the
footprint. My own sfx would require additional code. However, my sfx is
itself compressed (as I believe are Markus' recent releases) so this figure
would be reduced by around 65%. My sfx is wholly self-contained requiring no
outside programming to create an sfx archive. It currently stands at 43.5
KB. I believe that Markus' sfx is around half this size (pretty amazingly
!!)

My sfx - called Zipfusion - is available as a free download, however, as I
said before, I have no immediate plans to add span support. Frankly - I
don't think anyone would ever use this feature. However, my sfx does have
the ability to extract files from other zip archives (by using a
command-line switch) so, in theory, it could have been used to solve
Russell's problem in this instance.

-- James Turner
www.skaro.net