[delphizip] Re: How detect if TZipMaster support zip format

  • From: Roger Aelbrecht <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:21:19 +0200

Marek Jasinski wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I have downloaded a zip file for test with TZipMaster
> http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/schools-wikipedia-small.zip .
> This file has 84070 items. I can open the file with TZipMaster, but
> ZipContents.Count shows only 19097 items. I think, that zip format will
> be not supported yet. My question: can I detect the Problem while (or
> before) opening? I would like to show a message that not all files are
> displayed.
>
> Regards
> Marek

The problem in this case it the number of entries.
In the actual version the maximum number of entries is 65535
the field containing the number of entries is 2 bytes.

There is no test available in the component to detect this before
starting the process.

The Zip file in this case will probably use the Z64 extension and it
needs special code to detect the presence of this extension.

The new version ( in preparation) will be able to handle this.

--
Roger Aelbrecht