[delphizip] Re: First Post: How to clear and reuse a TZipMaster object?

  • From: "R.Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:54:05 +1100

Nathan Probst wrote:
> Cool.  That's working fine now...(after I got rid of a leftover
> Zip.Freethat was hiding from me!)
> Any other tips on eeking out the maximum performance, valuing speed over
> compression?
>
> On 3/20/06, R.Peters <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Nathan Probst wrote:
>>
>>> Great!  Is there any difference if I'm using AddStreamToFile, as in:
>>>     Zip.ZipFileName := FileName;
>>>     Zip.ZipStream.LoadFromStream(MemStream);
>>>     ErrCode := Zip.AddStreamToFile('disk.dat', DateTimeToFileDate(Now),
>>>
>> 0);
>>
>>> Also, is the a correct way to "finalize" or close a file.  Or is the
>>>
>> above
>>
>>> sufficient?

>> this

>> need

>>> --
>>> Nathan Probst
>>> (970) 402-7384

>> The file is finalised when each function concludes - you don't need to
>> do anything.
>>
>> When finished all operations you can call the Clear function to release
>> the memory used by the different tables and strings - also unloads the
>> dll if it was dynamically loaded.
>>
>> - Russell Peters

> --
> Nathan Probst
> (970) 402-7384

Only to reduce the compression level - it defaults to 9 (max) but
reducing it to 7 (or lower) will speed things up a bit.
And avoid encryption - it slows things, also in current dll there is a
bug that will be fixed today (or should be) that prevents encryption
with AddStreamToFile.

- Russell Peters