[delphizip] Exclusive file access

  • From: "Petko Kafedjiski" <kafedjiski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:15:41 +0200

Hello to all! I am new to this mail list, so my question may be answered
already and I want to appologize, if it is so.

I have an application (http://www.milenix.com - MyInfo 2), which uses BCBZip
ver. 1.6. However there is a problem, because a single file could be opened
in two instances of the program and then when the user saves the file (which
is actually an archive with many files within) in one of the instances and
then saves it in the other - there is a mess with the file and sometimes
even the all information could be lost.

I want to prevent this by gaining exclusive read-write access of the file,
so it could be opened only once. There is no such option in BCBZip, but is
there some way to workaround it?

Thank you very much for your time!
Petko Kafedjiski
Milenix Software Ltd.