[delphizip] Re: Error extracting zips containing more than 65536 archives.

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:17:19 +0100

James Turner wrote:
> QUOTE FROM THE ZIP SPECIFICATION
>
> End of central directory record:
>
> end of central dir signature    4 bytes  (0x06054b50)
> number of this disk             2 bytes
> number of the disk with the
> start of the central directory  2 bytes
> total number of entries in the
> central directory on this disk  2 bytes
> total number of entries in
> the central directory           2 bytes
> size of the central directory   4 bytes
> offset of start of central
> directory with respect to
> the starting disk number        4 bytes
> .ZIP file comment length        2 bytes
> .ZIP file comment       (variable size)
>
> You will note that only 2 bytes are allocated to the number of
> entries in the central directory.
>
> In other words, the problem lies in the zip format rather than in
> Delphi Zip.
>
> The Zip64 format avoids this problem, but this format is not
> supported by Delphi Zip.
>
> -- James Turner

Thank you James for pointing to that.
I did not go into the specs again, I was sure we had a limit problem here
but did not think about the limitations in the CentralDir format

On the other hand, it would be nice if people answered if more questions
were asked about there problem ;-)

--
Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw