[delphizip] Delete with wildcards

  • From: Gerard <gslurink@xxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:53:17 +0300

Thanks all, for the replies on the icon issue. I got it working now,
by creating a temporary zero length file on every new
encountered extension and caching the resolved indices.
Btw. Great idea using an ini file for incorporating shortcuts in zip files.

I have a problem with deleting files from a zip archive with wildcards.
When I add for example: temp/*.* to FSpecArgs and perform a delete,
sometimes the zip file gets corrupted. When reread the file I get
'not a valid zip file' or 'garbage at the end'. This occurs everytime I do
this on Windows XP and many times (but not always) on WIndows 2000.

Has anyone encountered the same problem ? Is delete with wildcards
fully supported and tested ?

I can make a workaround by itereating through the ZipDirEntries
and add the matching files to the FSpecArgs instead of entries
with wildcards, but I thought it might be something to report.

I use ZipMstr 1.7.0.5 and zipdll 1.7.0.5 (although file info says 1.7.0.4)
and unzdll 1.7.0.4 from Rusell's site

Gerard.