[delphizip] Re: Creating Zip Folder

  • From: Roger Aelbrecht <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:13:16 +0100

Barbara X wrote:
>  I have my application working and it stores several different
> sub-directories perfectly.  But now I want the sub-directories one level
> down. Currenlty the Zip file looks like this:    Folder1  Folder2  Folder3
> Folder4   What I want is this:   subDir-1     Folder1     Folder2 subDir-2
>   Folder3    Folder4   Is there a simple way to do this?    Thanks,
> Barbara

If you are very carefully it could be accomplished with the Rename function.
You need to rename all files in each folder using a rename such as
Folder1/filename rename to subDir1/Folder1/filename.
Please not that Rename dos not allow wildcards
If you have DirOnly entries then there is a problem that the new entries
cannot be created by this method.

--
Roger Aelbrecht