[delphizip] Re: Beta 1.90 almost ready

  • From: RPeters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 07:59:46 +1100

On 31/12/2009 8:11 PM, Edwin Yip wrote:
> Hi Russell,
> Great news and this will be my best gift for the upcoming new year ;)
>
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:56 AM, RPeters<rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> I have uploaded preliminary beta but mostly to be able to set up the
>> site properly.
>>
>> It will be updated in a few days although mostly it should be ok - a few
>> issues have shown up while I am attempting to get some 'help' written
>> (or updated) for it.
>>
>> http://www.delphizip.org
>> http://v190.delphizip.org
>>
>> Russell Peters

The latest uploaded version should work well - it has been extensively
tested, mainly thanks to Roger, but I am sure there are things we have
missed.

I know there are still a few things not working as I believe they should
but we are sorting them out.

Because of the zip64 requirements many things had to be changed so we
decided that this version would not worry too much about not being as
compatible with previous versions, hopefully future versions will break
less code.

A lot of work went into handling UTF8 and them Embarcadero decided to
bring out Unicode so some sort of compromise had to be reached, of
course this meant much more conditional code than I would prefer but
that could not be helped unless we dropped support for earlier compilers
which I did not want to do.

I have a lot of work yet to do cleaning the code to make it more
readable (especially the dll code which frankly is a mess).
Russell Peters