[delphizip] Re: Any problems with the dlls?

  • From: "James Turner" <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:45:38 +0100

I haven't looked at the DLLs recently, however I would suggest the
following.

1) Add layers so that the compression/decompression engines are accessible
separately so that they may be used outside the scope of a zip file.
2) Discard all compression types except deflate (type 8).
3) Move support for older decompression types to another DLL since they are
only needed to access ancient archives.

The addition of deflate64 would be nice.
Support of Zip64 would be nice.
Make it all object orientated using standard Windows interfaces.

James Turner

On a separate note - I shall be releasing a new Zip Reader shortly. Being
only 60KB in size, it's a little lighter than WinZip. I shall also be
releasing an updated self-extractor but this unrelated to Markus' official
DelphiZip self-extractor.