[deanowens] 3 Chords, The Truth & A Bunch Of Lies - songwriting workshop in Crete!!

  • From: Dean Owens <dean.owens4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deanowens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:01:22 +0100

Hi there.

In September I’m planning to host a week’s song-writing course out in Chania,
Crete in Greece. 3 Chords, The Truth And A Bunch Of Lies will take place around
the poolside at the beautiful Artemis Apartments complex in Stavros Bay.

The week will consist of informal song-writing workshops, as well as one on one
sessions. I’ll also be playing two concerts; one at the complex and the other
is planned as part of an excursion. I will be available throughout the whole
week for help, advice and encouragement. It should all be very relaxed and good
fun for everyone. The idea behind these workshops is to help people who want to
write songs and to show them how easy and how enjoyable it can be.

This is not a master class!! For those of you who have seen me play and know my
music you will know how simple my songs are. Although I’m completely
self-taught I have written, recorded and released many songs both solo and with
my band The Felsons and have performed them around the world. I’ve been lucky
enough to have worked with some amazing artists and writers over the years. I
hope to inspire people and show them what they can also do with a few chords
and some words.

What could be better than getting away from it all with a relaxing week in the
Greek sunshine, in gorgeous, tranquil surroundings and a chance to get your
creative juices flowing?

You can take a look at the complex and get apartment prices etc by visiting –

http://www.akrotirivillas.com/artemis.php or just call any of the following
numbers - Artemis: +30 28210 39005 - UK: +44 (0)20 3286 3594

There are flights from Gatwick to Chania on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays or
you can fly to Chania from Manchester (Tuesday only).

We are planning for the course to run in the week beginning Sunday September
4th. Should it turn out that most people prefer to fly out on Tuesday 6th we
will take this into account when organizing events.

On top of your flight and self-catering apartment costs 3 Chords, The Truth And
A Bunch Of Lies is great value at £70 per person. There may be an additional
travel cost for the excursion show.

You will need to bring your own guitar or instrument of choice, although some
instruments including a keyboard will be available on site.

I’m sure you will love it at Artemis. Reg and Daphne Fairfoot who manage the
Artemis Apartments really know how to look after people and have been doing so
for many years. There’s nothing better than chilling out at the bar by the pool
of an evening chewing the fat with them both. Music lovers themselves they’ve
put on many successful musical events over the years.

I hope you will come and join us. Numbers are limited so if you are interested
and to avoid disappointment don’t leave it too long to get in touch.

For more information and any questions just drop me a line.

Best wishes

Dean

www.deanowens.com