[ddots-l] when to authorize jfw with new laptop rig

  • From: Cameron Strife <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:46:45 -0500

Hi.  I just got my refurbished laptop yesterday.  I got a gateway, yeah
I know, I've heard the nightmares too, but it was the only machine in my
price range that had the specs I wanted.  AMD Celleron 1.86gHz
processor, 1gig ddr ram, eighty gig hd, wireless, Ethernet, CDR/DVD
combo drive, xp pro, etc.

Now, onto my question.  I want to use this with my Alesis firewire
sixteen interface/mixer for on location work.  However, I'll also be
using this on the road without the mixer for non music stuff.  Should I
authorize jfw once I've installed the drivers for the Alesis or should I
authorize it before?  I want to get around having to use yet another two
keys for one bloody machine.  Any tips on this or am I stuck using two
just like with my desktop system?

Thanks,

Cameron.