[ddots-l] using sonar when playing live

  • From: "Howerton, Brian Scott" <bshowerton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:45:36 -0400

Hello,
Has anyone ever used sonar when playing in live situations?  What I am looking
to do is use sounds from sonar when gigging live.  I'm thinking I would just
hook my midi cables in to my keyboard and hook a quarter inch going from the
output of my interface to the input on the sound board.  Does anyone know of
any good piano sounds to use for gigging?  And if you have to change sounds
during a gig in sonar, how do you avoid keeping jaws from coming through the
sound system on the gig?  Also, if I want to use the piano sound from sonar,
and then use a pad sound from my keyboard, is that possible or not?  I know we
cannot have access to the true piano sound samples and that is why I was
wondering what piano sounds people have used live.  I know people use ivory in
this way all the time, but I was wondering if anyone on the list has played
live using sonar and what did you use and how did it work for you?  Thanks for
any help,
BrianPLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE!