[ddots-l] Re: transposing audio

  • From: hf <neep23@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:41:56 -0400

If you're transposing a little bit, by a half-step or so, you'll get minimal
flanging and echo. Any more than that, the sound quality starts to degrade. I
have yet to find a plug in that can do this better than what soundforge already
has.
If you listen to the literature (i.e. manuals), they tell you how this could be
done and how you won't notice any undesireable sounds like echoing or flanging.
I've yet to make it sound good though.

Maybe someone else could chime in here.
HF