[ddots-l] Re: step sequencer

  • From: Efren Chavez <efrenchavez91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:33:35 -0400

Hey chad,

Yes it is fully accessible. I only use it to do fast hihat paterns for
my tracks, so it should work for your metal.  Read lesson 48. It is an
exelent lesson. Overall the step sequencer is not hard to use, but it
is a little tricky figuring out how it works when creating paterns.
I believe there are two methods of using it. You can use your keyboard
or turn steps on which you will se how to do in the lesson. (I mostly
just turn on steps)
Here is a tip i guess if you never used a step sequencer like me.
After you read the lesson, pres control+mid section up arrow and turn
the steps per beat to 1 controll+down arrow , and turn them all on.
Then as you go add mors steps per beats and experiment.
Like i said I only use it for hihats so I don't really know how to use
it for more complex paterns with softsynths or even creating drum
paterns cause i do those on the keyboard
If you have any further questions, I'll try to answer if I can.
Hope my rambling made sense, hahhah.

--
 Efren Chavez