[ddots-l] Re: sonar 64 bits

  • From: "Bill" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:11:32 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for bringing our attention to a problem that we did not even know
existed.  It seems that we are linking to an outdated version of this
document from our site and that the CakeTalking installation program is
installing an outdated version that says that we do not support 64-bit
versions of Windows.  We definitely do support 64-bit.

At least, our download page for CakeTalking says under System Requirements:

VERY IMPORTANT: CakeTalking now works with both the 32-bit version of SONAR
and the 64-bit version as well. So you can now install either the 32-bit
version of SONAR or the 64-bit version. The same version of CakeTalking
works with both versions of SONAR.
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: Before installing CakeTalking for SONAR 8.5 under
Windows7 or Vista, you must disable User Account Control (UAC).
Turning user Account Control Off in Windows7: Open the User Accounts Control
Center Window. The Keywords to type in the Start Menu's search box are,
"Change User Account Control Settings". Set the Notify slider to, "Never
Notify".
Turning user Account Control Off in Windows Vista: In Control Panel, User
Accounts dialog, TAB to the item named, Turn User Account Control On or Off.
Press SPACE, then TAB to the checkbox called, Use User Account Control (UAC)
to protect your computer. Uncheck it. User Account Control must be turned
off for optimum JAWS performance.

Bill