[ddots-l] Re: sending wave files

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:41:05 -0400

Hi Berhane

I do this all the time; I have some dear friends in Florida that I send
material to on a regular basis. I use Mail Big File as my preferred service:
http://www.mailbigfile.com
You can use the free service, or they have a couple of packages that you can
purchase a subscription to that'll give you faster upload speeds and some
additional perks.

Since my friends aren't using a computer-based DAW right now, I have to render
the tracks as mono wave files, then I zip them into an archive that can be sent
as one big file to them. I have to follow specific naming conventions for their
purposes, but you might not have to do anything except to export your project
either as a bundle or however your party who's doing your mixing and mastering
will require.

Hope this helps.

Mike