[ddots-l] punching in

  • From: "Joey Stuckey" <stuckey2003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:21:07 -0400

Hi all,

I have been using two inch analog tape and digital tape like the Adat and DA-88
for many years. About four years ago, I went to Sonar and recording to the
computer. I started off with the Tascam 428 control surface. I noticed that I
was having trouble with my punches being totally clean and in 06, I got a
Mackey control surface that worked better and the punches got cleaner. I don't
mean it as cocky, but, one of the things I am known for is the amazing things I
can punch. So, I am frustrated that even now, for no reason I can determine,
some times the punches aren't clean, they have pops or clicks in them. It
doesn't happen every time so I am at a loss to explain it. Any info you all can
share about punching using Sonar would be helpful. I Don't use the punch mode
in Sonar as It always wants you to set some kind of From and Through time and
you know that you are some times cutting in on frames let alone measures...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Joey