[ddots-l] Re: next steps for tascam

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:47:32 +0100

Jim wrote: Hi List,

Do I have to install the Sonar plug ins that came with the Tascam fw 1884?  If
so, I'm not sure how to do this.  Do I get sonar to look for them or do I
select stuff from the relevant folder on the cd?

Phil replied: are you running Sonar 6?  If so then, don't use the plug-in on
the CD as it doesn't work as well as the new FW1884 control surface beta
plug-in.  Did I or anyone else, ever send you on the latest drivers and
accessible documentation for the FW1884?  If not then, shoot me an E-mail and I
will sort you out with the latest drivers and control surface plug-in.

Jim wrote: I have also noticed that now I have got jfw and ct working, and when
Sonar is loaded, Sonar is still coming through   the on board sound card, sound
max
whatever.

Phil replied: Go into the audio options dialog box in Sonar.  Then, go to the
drivers tab in that dialog and disable all of the drivers for your Soundmax
card.  Then, go to the first tab in the audio options dialog box and set the
playback and recording to the FW1884 analogue 1 and two.

Jim wrote: Any help gratefully received.

Phil replied: know problem!  Give me a shout if you need anything else.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production
  Jim. Shoot me a call on Skype.  Will talk you through it.

  Regards, Phil Muir
  P J Muir Productions
  Music And Audio Production
    Do I have to install the Sonar plug ins that came with the Tascam fw 1884?
    If so, I'm not sure how to do this.  Do I get sonar to look for them or do
I select stuff from the relevant folder on the cd?

    I have also noticed that now I have got jfw and ct working, and when Sonar
is loaded, Sonar is still coming through   the on board sound card, sound max
whatever.
    Any help greatfully received.

    Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
    Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open
    T 01309-690-124
    M 07875-670-833
    e mail
    axdr89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx