[ddots-l] Re: [midi-mag] CT8.5 with Windows 7

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx" <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:09:04 -0500

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, the control surface plug in won't work unless
you disable User Account Control.

Also, for best results, go to the Control Panel, under Appearance, then Themes,
and select Windows Classic as your theme. Don't forget to reboot the computer
after this, as Jaws never reads 100% perfectly after an appearance change
without a reboot.

CT8.5 has only been tested in Windows 7 with this mix: Jaws 11.0.756, Sonar
8.52, and CakeTalking 8.5.40. Either 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows and Jaws
work, but you must use 32-bit Sonar. Other versions might work, but this is the
only one that has been proven to work.

Bryan