[ddots-l] Re: media browser

  • From: "Peter Slowkowski" <pslowkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:33:14 -0500

Hello,

 My hunch is that the output channels in the browser have been set or reset to
None. This happened to me a few weeks ago while I was trying to listen to .WAV
loops.  No idea how they got reset. This is what I did to fix the issue though
so maybe it will work for you.

1. Route JAWS to PC with the Insert-Minus while in the Media browser.
2. NumPad slash only once for a left mouse click.
3.  Now use the JAWS curser to look around on the browser screen.  There are
lots of things there and there should be imbedded there something that says
Output None, if that really is what is going on.
4. Put the JAWS cursor on that word None and then route PC to JAWS.  A menu or
list of outputs should pop up which you can arrow through.
5. Select the outputs of your soundcard which you normally expect to use and
hit enter.  That should reset the browser outputs so you can hear the loops.

 The Control-Shift-Space is the right key combination to play a file.  I hope
this helps.