[ddots-l] Re: laptop power problems

  • From: "Mark Brierley" <mark.brierley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:03:30 -0000

Hi Dave,

Many thanks to you and all the others for the ideas.

I'm not sure whether Steve's solution would work as my laptop is connected
via firewire to an FW1884.

Like you, i'm pretty sure its not a ground loop.  The frequency of the noise
is far too high for that.  I'm using a 3 pin plug as i'm over in the UK.
I've tried plugging it in on the same outlet as my mixer and speakers etc.
I have also tried to plug it in in another room, but the problem persists.

I'm not subscribing to the midi mag list at the moment.  I however will try
your other suggestions, and would like to thank you all again for your help.

Cheers

Mark