[ddots-l] Re: focusrite card

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:49:44 -0000

Mike wrote:
Hey Phil, many thanks, I'll give the scripts a world, and let you know how
it all works out.

Phil replied: cool!

Mike wrote: So far this card sounds absolutely amazing.

Phil replied: agreed!

Mike wrote:
However I like this model as it has the two inputs which I need to mic lots
of times in the front, and the other in the back which allows me to put all
my gear which is racked in to it.

Phil replied: that's a handy feature.

Mike wrote:
I had another focusrite card a couple of years ago which was similar to this
one, but for some reason it wouldn't work with my system.

Phil replied: that was probably one of the original Saffire LE range.  I was
reluctant to go anywhere near the Pro range, as Tim had a lot of issues with
the original Saffire LE card.  However, a dealer recommended the Pro 40 to
Tim.  Tim gave it a go and I was very impressed when I saw this card at
Tim's house.  So, I went out and purchased a Pro 24 and 40 and love them
both.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021