[ddots-l] Re: exporting midi

  • From: Rui Vilarinho <ruialby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 10:52:43 +0000

Hi Berhane,

A Format 0 file (Midi 0) contains a single track and represents a single song
performance.
 Format 1 (Midi 1) may contain any number of tracks, enabling preservation of
the sequencer track structure, and also represents a single song performance.
 Format 2 (Midi 2) may have any number of tracks, each representing a separate
song performance.

Now! concerning  how to export just one midi track:
1st. Select all tracks, use Alt Enter 3 times.

2nd. Go to the midi track you want to export and, unselect it: use Shift enter.

3rd. Move to any selected track and  open the aplication key menu: pick  delete
track, use l.
Note: All tracks that were selected were deleted wright?!

4th. Therefore, now you can open the file nenu, use Alt F.
And go down to, Save as.

5th. Give aname, tab and select midi format one, select the directory and do Ok.

Done!

IMPORTANT NOTE! At the end when you close the project, a prompt will ask if you
want to save any changes, remenber that you deleted a bunch of tracks, so,
select NO.

regards,
Rui Vilarinho