[ddots-l] Re: changing pitch on an audio track

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:02:54 -0000

Yup, AudioSnap is very cool indeed.  Just been recording a cover for our
duo.  Unfortunately I had set the tempo to 159BPM however, I decided
afterwards that I wanted the track to run at 163BPM as the track didn't
sound fast enough.  Difficult cover to do too.  It is the Police Track
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic." Glad I have Superior 2 as you really
do need a snare that cracks off in order to try and get something close to
Stuart Copland's drum sound.  Then, there's the drum programming aspect of
it.  ARG!   Not easy!  Still, I like a challenge and it's nice to be making
music again and not programming up access for some plug-in.  I had already
recorded the bass guitar track and couldn't be bothered to retrack it.  So,
I Audiosnapped it at 159BPM then, sped up the project.  You would struggle
to hear that the bass has been audiosnapped.  Fortunately my timing was nice
and tight so, it was just a case of setting the bass track to follow the
project tempo.  2 second job and highly affective.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK+44-1747-821-794