[ddots-l] batch files in Win7?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindwindows7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 00:14:37 -0400

HI folks.

I've been a computer user since back in the MS Dos days.

What I'm wondering is, can we still write and execute batch files in Windows 7 X64?

When I set up to mix or master music for people, I take the machine offline from the internet and like to turn Firewall and MCSE off, until I'm done working. I was wondering if I could just stick this stuff in a batch file and put that on my desktop.

Better yet, can I tie this into the execution of a shortcut, for instance, develop something that would turn the two programs off, run my audio application, and when I exit that application, reenable the two programs? That would be slick and save me some typing!

All ideas greatfully received.

thanks
Chris